Why is a vacation scheme important for future lawyers?
- Legal work experience is an essential part of any future lawyer’s CV.
- Spending time with a law firm should cement your career choice – you will see what day-to-day life as a lawyer is like first hand.
- It’s a chance for you to test drive the firm you want a training contract with. You should get a feel for the working environment, the location, the type of work the firm does, and the general atmosphere.
The Hill Dickinson vacation scheme
Show us how serious you are about a career in law. Impress us during your vacation placement with us, and we’ll remember your name in the future.
- We offer one-week vacation placements at departments in our Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield offices.
- There are 12 places available each week on our Liverpool schemes, 8 each week in Manchester and 4 each week in Sheffield.
- You’ll need a 2.1 at degree level, or ABB at A-level.
- We’ll get you involved in all aspects of your department’s work, from attending client meetings and taking witness statements in court, through to providing liability and quantum assessments and drafting.
- You will work alongside partners, qualified lawyers and trainee solicitors to give you a good idea of what it’s like at each end of the spectrum.
Vacation scheme dates 2013
- 17 June - 21 June – Liverpool
- 24 June - 28 June – Liverpool
- 1 July - 5 July – Manchester and Sheffield
- 8 July - 12 July – Manchester and Sheffield
London office recruitment days
If you would like to apply to our London office, come along to one of our recruitment days, taking place in early 2013. We’ll put you through your paces with some activities and provide you with a relaxed and informal way to get to know us and what we’re about.
The application deadline for our 2013 vacation scheme is 31 January 2013